The National Weather Service has issued a flash flood warning until 1:30 p.m. across all of Knoxville and all the surrounding counties. This is the 9th consecutive day of raining in Knoxville, causing floods and possibly slope failures throughout East Tennessee. The Tennessee Department of Transportation is monitor routes for flooding and other concerns.
Here is a consolidated list of all the roads and are hit or will be hit by flood in Tennessee provided by The Tennessee Department of Transportation.
Roads/Areas Underwater in East Tennessee
The Tennessee Department of Transportation has provided eight areas on Saturday morning where localized flooding was reported:
- Westbound Interstate 40 near Exit 407
- TN 139 in Jefferson County
- Dixie Lee Junction in Loudon County (crews are implementing a detour)
- East Emory Road near Jim Wolfe Road and Longmire Road
- TN 131 at Karns railroad underpass
- TN 331 at Fountain Gate subdivision
- TN 131 near Bell Road
- TN 297 in Campbell County (Newcomb area)
- TN 113 in Hawkins (town of Saint Clair closed to traffic)
- TN 34 in Hamblen County closed at the Pizza Plus in Russellville
Potential Landslide-Prone Areas
These areas have been identified by The Tennessee Department of Transportation with slope concerns that could lead to landslides:
- Rockslide on Interstate 40 in North Carolina near mile marker 7. Message boards are in place with a full detour to Interstate 81 North and Interstate 26 East to Asheville.
- TN 73 in Blount County at log mile 24.2
- TN 116 in Anderson County at log Mile 9.4
- TN 66 in Hawkins County
- TN 340 in Greene County (repairs could be completed today)
- TN 70 in Hawkins County closed at log mile 15.5
- TN 340 in Greene County at TN 349.
- TN 416 in Sevier County
- TN 61 in Union County at Big Ridge
- TN 363 in Jefferson County is cracking. Crews are closing road and implementing detour.
- Interstate 75 in Campbell County north of Exit 134.
- Small slide on 25/70 in Cocke County at log mile 23.
Closed Roads Across Knoxville
The Knoxville Police Department has released a list of road closed since Saturday morning:
- Third Creek Road at Middlebrook Pike
- Crosspark Drive at Bridgewater Road
- Capital Drive at Kingston Pike
- Middlebrook Pike at Dowell Springs Boulevard
- Dutch Valley Drive at Old Broadway
- Central Street at Coram Street
- Tenwood Drive at Knott Road
- Tazewell Pike at Fountain Gate
- Chapman Highway at Stone Road
- Woodrow Drive at Broadway
- Sutherland Avenue at Cox Street
- Wrights Ferry Road at South Northshore Drive
- Kingston Pike at Cedar Bluff Road
- Kington Pike at North Peters Road
- Kingston Pike at Ebenezer Road
- Cedar Bluff Road at Park West
- Western Avenue at Sanderson Road
- 6th AVenue at Glenwood Road
- Bernard Avenue at the railroad tracks
- Loves Creek at Rutledge Pike
- Cedar Lane at Knox Road
- Chilhowee Drive in front of Holston Middle School
- Callahan Drive at Central Avenue Pike