Monsters are at work and Disney’s new streaming service is already gaining a lot of popularity!
Monsters are finally back at work and the way Disney has announced about this new series, huge fan audience is already waiting for it. The new series is based on the feature film Monsters, Inc and picks up six months after the events of the original film. This series will be launched towards the late end of 2019.
The most exciting factor of this series will be it’s returning star cast. Billy Crystal as Mike and John Goodman as Sulley will be seen once again with their powerful voices.
Jennifer Tilly as Celia, Mike’s love interest, will also be seen returning. Also coming back is John
Ratzenberger as the Yeti. Likewise, Bob Peterson, one of the storyboard artists for the original film, will be back to voice Roz in this series.
This marks the second time a Pixar film has been adapted into a fully produced animated series, the first being Toy Story inspiring Buzz Lightyear of Star Command, a hand-drawn series that ran 2000-2001 and revolved around the “fictional” version of Buzz’s adventures in outer space.
Meanwhile, further information has brought out the following menu for Disney+ :
- Marvel’s Hero Project, which will highlight life’s real superheroes all around us
- Encore!, a reality show that follows adults recreating their high school plays
- Marvel 616, a documentary series about Marvel
- Be Our Chef, a cooking competition show in which the winner’s creation will be sold in a Disney theme park.
- Cinema Relics: Iconic Art of the Movies, a program shedding light on famous props and costumes from Disney films.
And many more!
Disney has announced the debut date of Disney+ would be somewhere around in November 2019 Other animation announcements for Disney+ include new Toy Story shorts, a new Phineas and Ferb movie, and the entire library of The Simpsons. For a full list of announcements, including non-animation news, see the official Disney release.