As per the Houston Chronicle reports a 1-year-old boy died on Saturday, June 22 after he was left in his father SUV for almost five hours. The boy was left unattended by his father in the car outside of a restaurant in Texas where the father of the boy was working at that time.
The boy’s father began his shift around 11 a.m. in the morning at the restaurant called Los Lazos. And around 4 p.m., when he returned to his Chevrolet Tahoe, he did find his son in the car seat where he left him, but he was unresponsive.
According to the Police reports the father was identified as Abner Peña, but no charges have been filed on the father for the death of the boy till Sunday. And the police department spokesman St. Xavier Hancock said in one of his statements that this investigation “is still fluid and other persons need to be located and interviewed.”
The 1-year-old was declared dead at the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston. It was also studied that on the day of the child’s death, the temperature in the city reached high as that of 92 degrees, and later even the experts concluded that the car’s air temperature would have been higher than 135 degrees when the baby died in the car.
The cause of the boy’s death is being medically termed as pediatric vehicular heatstroke. And this has been the second death of its type in the state this month, and the 13th till now in the country this year.
The police have advised people to never leave a child unattended for even a minute in a vehicle and also to call the 9-1-1 if you see a child unattended in a car.