As of 2018, there were 2,208 billionaires in the world, but in 2020, the number went down to 2,095, wiping off 700 billion dollars from their wealth.
Here is a list of top ten billionaires and how they came by their wealth
- The founder, CEO, and president of Amazon, aged 56. He started the world’s largest B2C online company by selling books online. He is the first centibillionaire in the world, with a net worth of 113 billion dollars. Now, Amazon sells everything from anywhere to anyone.
- Co-founder of the world’s largest software company Microsoft. He is one of the best-known entrepreneurs. During the early years, he was known for his cutthroat rivalry, but know he is known for his philanthropic actions across the world.
- He is the chairman and CEO of the LVMH company, which deals in luxury goods. Most commonly known for their Louis Vuitton purses, the company deals in real estate to perfumes. He has a net worth of 76 billion dollars.
- He is the chairman and chief executive of Berkshire Hathaway. He has a net worth of 9 billion dollars. He is best known for his stock trading skills and philanthropic values.
- He is the co-founder and the chief technology officer of Oracle corporation. He is worth around 69.1 billion dollars. He is known for his very eccentric actions like yachts racing.
- He is the owner of Zara and Inditex, with a net worth of 55 billion dollars. Compared to other personalities on our list, he is very private. Only granting interviews to three journalists till now.
He is the youngest billionaire to date, with a net worth of 54 billion dollars. He is also the founder of Facebook, which owns all major social media sites like WhatsApp and Instagram.
Walton family –
- They consist of Alice, Jim, and S. Robson Walton. They are heir to fortunes of Walmart, the largest retailer in the world. Each one of the trios is worth around 54 billion dollars each